This is my favorite recipe to make right now, I make it once a week along with coconut curry beans (recipe coming soon – also vegan). It’s SO GOOD. I usually use whatever tomato based item I have… I’ve used fresh tomatoes, canned diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and even leftover chili. You don’t need much. If it starts to dry out before the potatoes are done cooking, just add water as it cooks – potatoes take a while! Don’t forget to rinse your potatoes after dicing.
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4-5 medium potatoes, cubed & rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (decrease for a sensitive palate)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry paste (optional)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- handful of chopped fresh parsley
- In a large fry pan, heat oil over medium heat, and add diced potatoes. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in onions, salt, cayenne, turmeric, cumin and curry paste, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, and cover. Let cook until potatoes are tender (stirring frequently), 10 minutes or so.
Throw parsley on top and serve as a side to any indian-inspired meal.