Make this with my previous aloo phujia recipe and it’s an amazing easy indian-inspired vegan dinner that makes even better leftovers. Coconut milk is very fatty, I’ve tried the lite coconut milk and it’s just as good. I even subbed half almond milk when I was low on coconut milk, still good but not quite as thick so a viable option if you want to reduce the saturated fat. Omit the cayenne if you don’t want it spicy.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp. ginger powder
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1 tbsp. curry paste
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- handful of chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- Stir the coconut milk, ginger, garlic, deep skillet over medium heat. Season with salt, turmeric, cayenne, cumin, chili powder, and curry paste. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in black beans and simmer, stirring often, until about 1/3 of the liquid is evaporated and the sauce has thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Add parsley, stir and serve over rice!